Recent Skin Care Buys

Saturday, July 6, 2013


If you have been reading my blog for any time at all, then you'll probably have noticed by now that I have a slight addiction to buying Origins skin care products.  If you haven't, then I'm afraid I have some facts to face.  I have been riding the Origins wave for a few months now, and can attest to the fact that I am hooked, well and truly.  Their packaging is bright and cheerful, their prices are fair, and their products really work!  I wish I could say that I haven't spent hours combing their site for potential new additions to my skin care routine, but alas... On one of these such visits, their home screen greeted me with an offer that was just too good to pass up: a completely free full-size GinZing eye cream when you bought any two skin care items.  Not only did my wish list have at least three Origins products on it at the time, but the eye cream was one of them, so I wasted no time at all in getting down to my nearest Origins counter and selecting my two favorites.  True I left the counter with a slightly lighter wallet, but it was mostly birthday money that I'd spent so it doesn't really count, right?

Origins Zero Oil cleanser was one of the skin care items I purchased in order to receive my beloved eye cream, and I've been using it almost every day as my morning cleanser for just about two months now.  I really can't fault it!  I'd say it works best for people with combination/oily skin, and possibly for acne-prone complexions as well.  It smells fresh, works quickly to remove any excess oils you may have from the night before, and leaves your skin clean but not overly tight.  This also works well in the evenings as my sole cleanser if I've had a light or no-makeup day.

Their Never a Dull Moment cleanser is a more recent acquisition of mine (the other skin care product from the eye cream promotion will make a blog appearance sometime soon!), and is a great complement to the rest of my routine.  While it's not a cleanser I use every day, I find it's great maybe two or three times a week in place of my Zero Oil when my skin is feeling a bit on the drab side.  Listing extracts of crushed papaya among its ingredients, the tropical fruit juices within the cleanser are meant to lightly slough away the outer layer of skin, leaving the healthier skin underneath to show through more brightly.  It is essentially a more everyday and gentler version of the Origins face polisher of the same name (reviewed here).

And finally, the star of this post: my  GinZing eye cream*!  After nightly use for almost two months, I think enough time has passed for me to declare my love.  Although the cream itself is a bit goopy (note the mess in the above photo), it absorbs into the eye area with minimal rubbing and patting, and has left me looking more alert and alive.  I'm even using less of my under eye corrector now when I do my makeup!  With literally zero drawbacks, I don't think I'll ever stop singing this eye cream's praises.

What are some of your more recent skin care purchases?  Are you as Origins obsessed as I am? ;)


Origins Zero Oil cleanser $20 | Origins Never a Dull Moment cleanser $20 | Origins GinZing eye cream*, regularly $30

13 comments:

  1. You make me want to try out Origins! I love the sound of the zero oil cleanser.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just the best. And the people who work there know exactly how to advise you on what to buy based on your concerns. LOVE!! xx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any Origins products but I'm lusting after some of their face masks and the Super spot remover! x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ riding the Origins wave! Great expression! Hahaha! Birthday money never counts! (And in my books, tax refunds either!)

    I have to admit, I do not own any Origins products! Shameful!! I was really interested in the VitaZing for a while, but then convinced myself it would be too dark for me. I'm in the market for a toner though, maybe I should check what they have out? I'm also super curious about their Charcoal Mask! Who doesn't want to look like swamp monster once in a while - it looks awesome!

    Glad you like your purchases Amelia! Origins is a brand I have GOT to keep on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigosh, their charcoal mask is one of my favorite masks that I tried last year! It doen't feel like anything special when it's on the skin, but once you wash it off, your skin feels smoother and looks brighter. It comes highly recommended from me! As for toners, I'm not sure I can recommend anything there, as it's kind of my forgotten skin care step (whoops!!). I need to sort that out, but do let me know if you end up with anything from them. xx

      Delete
  4. i really want to try that cleanser, i haven't had anything from oragins before but i walked around with a charcoal face maks in my had for a little while around the store before putting it down as i thought it was quite prices (around £20) but i think i might have to give them a go.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their charcoal mask is seriously one of my favorites I've ever tried. If you can get a sample, or maybe a smaller size to try it out, it might be a better deal. Also, I can't believe how much they overcharge in the UK!! It's $23 here in America, which is like 15 gbp or something. Crazy!! xx

      Delete
  5. You're getting me hooked on Origins! I'm adding the Eye Cream to my shopping list because I've heard SO many good things about it! I think my sister might really like the pore cleanser so I'll have to get her that! THANKS AMELIA, for beginning this love affair between myself and Origins, haha!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god I love it. Origins products have slowly been creeping in and taking over every step in my skincare routine. I hope they work as well for you as they do me! x

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the GinZing eyecream!! It really brightens up my eyes. xx

    Rachael | beautypea.com
    MAC Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Like it actually does so much for my eye area, it's insane! x

      Delete
  7. The Origins Ginzing eye cream is probably at the top of my wanted list, it sound and indeed smells amazing :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe that after 30's human skins need extra care a repair because after 30 skins are getting dull so at that time you need face repairing cream and the and if you are searching for face repair cream then i suggest to pls see the Luma Repair Reviews...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read them all, and often reply here. For more direct questions, tweet me @TheNonBrit and I'll get back to you quickly. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...